Skip directly to content

listen

Current Situation of CodeIgniter based CMS

• johnkelin's picture
    Started by johnkelin
    (22 Jul '19)

The other day I needed to install an engine for an English-language blog. The problem is that hosting (VPS with 256 MB of memory) does not pull WordPress version 2.6, and in 2.0.11 (which, perhaps, would work), not all the plug-ins I need work. In general, I decided to see what light CMSs exist now, moreover, CMS based on CodeIgniter leadconcept.com/custom-content-management-system.html as the fastest and most memory-consuming PHP framework.

News
on Mon, 2019-07-22 03:25
Forum category: 

The other day I needed to install an engine for an English-language blog. The problem is that hosting (VPS with 256 MB of memory) does not pull WordPress version 2.6, and in 2.0.11 (which, perhaps, would work), not all the plug-ins I need work. In general, I decided to see what light CMSs exist now, moreover, CMS based on CodeIgniter leadconcept.com/custom-content-management-system.html as the fastest and most memory-consuming PHP framework. I have rather simple functional requirements: the possibility of blogging, preferably with SEO-tricks (writing titles, meta tags, generating Google Sitemap).

For a start, two CMS, which I did not consider as possible solutions:

MaxSite CMS is a Russian-language CMS, about which I have already written . I will say right away that this is the most advanced CMS on CodeIgniter out of all those listed in this review, but for me in this task it did not fit for one reason - its Russian-speaking, but more on that later.